This course is designed for those who require training that conforms to the recommendations of the Australian Resuscitation Council and provides the knowledge and skills to perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
This course does NOT address other aspects of resuscitation, life support or first aid.
National Course Code
Students should complete a theory assessment via self-paced learning using a workbook issued on confirmation of booking. Upon completion of the theory students are required to attend 2 hours of face to face practical learning.
The assessment has two components
- A theory self-paced assessment to be completed in the workbook
- and a face to face written and practical assessment
- Procedures for performing CPR
- Calling for help
- Understanding the use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- The Chain of Survival
- Infection control
- Own skills and limitations
- Reporting and recording an emergency
- General OH&S and legal issued
- Awareness of stress management and support
- Statement of Attainment in HLTAID001 – Provide CPR
- Valid for one year from completion date
For further information or bookings
Contact Us for further information or bookings.
Please check our Course Calendar for training course dates and locations. Training at your preferred location is available for groups.