This course is accredited and nationally approved.
It is designed for those who require training that conforms to the recommendations of the Australian Resuscitation Council and provides the knowledge and skills to provide first aid response, life support, management of the casualty(s) and resuscitation.
This course incorporates the content of:
- HLTAID009 Provide CPR
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
National Course Code
HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
(From the Health Training Package HLT07)
The expected duration to complete this course is 4 hours training and assessment.
Students are to complete the theory assessment via self-paced learning using a workbook and resources issued on confirmation of booking. Upon completion of the theory assessment students are required to attend 4 hours of face to face practical learning.
A refresher course is available for students who hold a current Apply First Aid certificate.
The assessment has two components
- A theory self-paced assessment to be completed in the workbook
- and a face to face practical assessment
- The principals of first aid
- Basic OH&S requirements
- Infection control
- The Chain of Survival
- First aider’s skills & limitations
- Understanding the use of an Automated External Defibrillator
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reactions
- Bleeding & Burns
- Cardiac arrest & chest pain
- Casualty with NO signs of life
- Chest pain
- Choking & airway obstructions
- Injuries to the body
- Bites and stings
- Environmental injuries
- Medical conditions
- Near drowning
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress
- Seizures, shock & stroke
- Social and legal issues
- Statement of Attainment in HLTAID011 – Perform First Aid
- Valid for three (3) years from the completion date
- Participants must be 14 years or older
For further information or bookings
Contact Us for further information or bookings.
Please check our Course Calendar for training course dates and locations. Training at your preferred location is available for groups.